Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Post-holiday update

It's not that I don't dream at all during my hiatus, you see. That would be impossible, because I am quite a vivid dreamer and I can easily recall my dreams most of the time. It's just that when you have too much free time (i.e. during winter break), you tend to become very idle and abandon many 'trivial' things to focus on stuffs like, uh, Memebase. I know, I know, you would think that a 3-week long holiday would give me more time to write down my dreams and update my blogs more often. Apparently that's not the case for me. I even left my physical dream journal empty for almost two weeks.

Lucid dreaming-wise, I only have two uneventful ones during my winter break, both of them lasting for no more than a minute. The most that I could do was walking through doors, but that was it. But that's still a good news because I managed to end my month long dry spell (at one point I even thought that my ability to lucid dream had been taken away from me, I've never had dry spells as long as that one. But then I read about a senior DV member who've had an eight months long dry spell).

Now that second sem has started, I expect that I will get back on track and have 1-2 lucid dreams per week like I used to have. I guess there's a connection between getting your mind to be alert and concentrate during lectures with dream awareness. Besides, I tend to do more reality checks/ All Day Awareness during lecture, and have more chances to do WBTB. We'll see how things progress over the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment