Wednesday, August 10, 2011

it's all in your mind

Today I discovered that thinking about lucid dreaming hard enough before going to sleep will eventually give you a lucid dream. Or lucid dreams, as in my case. Wait, that's not news isn't it - that's essentially MILD. So yeah, MILD works! I did some WILD attempts during my morning nap/WBTB attempt because I wanted to see whether I could attain lucidity at will instead of solely relying on reality checks. They failed, naturally, because I had a very hard time trying to keep my body still for 30+ minutes. This made me feel utterly annoyed, since I've been trying so hard to get back my lucid dreams after a two-week dry spell. I then went to sleep thinking of nothing but lucid dreaming, sort of like telling my Subconscious "you better give me one this time or else".

Within minutes, I found myself in an altered version of my room, and I immediately realized I was dreaming. Reality check confirmed this - I had a total of 12 fingers. After stabilising the dream, I decided to take some dream acid. Found a random tablet on my table, imagined it was LSD, and swallowed it. The surroundings immediately became wobbly and distorted, and colours seemed to be intensified. Now, I never took acid IRL (sad but true) but I guess tripping in my lucid dream was not that bad, although the effects of the dream LSD was not as intense as the real thing. Yay for successful dream drug experimentation! I took Delysid once in my dream before, but it didn't yield any noticeable effects. The closest thing I had to a psychedelic experience was with pot, but then again I was not lucid. This one is the best indeed.

Afterwards, I headed straight to the window and noticed that I was on the fifth floor. My first thought was to jump out of the window, since it's been long since I last had a proper free-falling attempt. I did reality check again (just to make sure I wouldn't end up killing myself), saw a normal pair of hands which morphed into a 12-fingered one within minutes. I jumped without hesitation. Levitated for a while, then dream gravity took over and before I knew it I was lunging towards the ground. The feelings were so intense that I accidentally lost my lucidity and slipped out of the dream. Realizing I was no longer lucid, I attempted DEILD and went back into the dream.

I couldn't think of anything better to do, so I decided to summon two of my favourite persons, Raphael and Adrien. I called out Adrien's name first, but no one responded. I tried to call him using his real name, still no response. The same thing happened when I tried to summon Raphael. I thought that I could have a better success rate if I look for them in one of the many rooms in my house (the number of rooms doubled in my dream. There were now ten rooms along the hallway). Opened the door of a room, found a random person amidst random stuffs but no Raphael/Adrien. I was preoccupied with my mission to find them that I forgot to stabilise the dream further, causing it to fade rapidly. What happened afterwards was not vivid enough for me to recall, but I believe I drifted in and out of a very long semi-lucid dream.

I'm going to try MILD again tonight, just to see if it works every single time. It's Stephen LaBerge's favourite, so why not.


A list of crazy ass lucid dreaming acronyms used in this entry, just in case


No comments:

Post a Comment