Tuesday, April 19, 2011

physical dream journal (also: finally, LSD!)

Following the advice from Reece Jones, I have bought myself a big book to be used as my physical dream journal. Why would I need a physical dream journal when I already have an online dream journal? Well ah, you can't really write your dreams straight into your online DJ the instant you wake up, and by the time you actually get to write them down, half of the details would have already lost. You might lose the opportunity to describe the look of that gorgeous guy you met in your dream, or the exact name your Subconscious told you when you ask her what's your crush's real name. Worse, you might even forget a whole chunk of dream, and proceeded to tell people "I don't dream at all last night" (you do dream! You simply can't remember it!). Having a physical dream journal by your bed enables you to write the details of your dream the moment you awake from that epic dream, which could help a lot in your attempt to have a lucid dream. 'Sides, you can write a lot more in your book, including details that are deemed 'too saucy' to be read by the public (don't look at me like that - we all have sexual dreams once in a while, tipu ko kata tak pernah). I'm in the process of decorating the cover with psychedelic art, but I still don't have any idea on what to put on it. One thing for sure I'm going to put the lovely Shpongle mask as the centrepiece.

Shpongle mask here has 3 colours coz my printer runs out of blue ink. But I think it adds a nice touch lol

Anyhoo, today is Bicycle Day! In honour of the great Dr. Albert Hofmann, I managed to obtain two LSD blotters and took them with a member of Otago NORML who's also into all kinds of psychedelic stuffs. No of course I'm bluffing. No one in the uni was even remotely aware of the fact that today marks the 68th anniversary of the discovery of the hallucinogenic properties of LSD. But enough of that, I had two lucid dreams today, which was something cool to start off the day. :D

Had a dream involving all of my housemates, with another male DC joining us. Hannan and Amal played with a very big tarantula. I was afraid at first, but they told me that the tarantula was actually a very gentle and playful creature like a cat, and began petting it. To my surprise, the tarantula actually purred and acted like a cat! It even resembled a big fat cat with eight eyes.

We all went to a cafe for our afternoon tea. The cafe has a clean minimalistic decor, with most of the stuffs there were either white or silver. The male DC approached me from behind. He whispered something to me right on my ear, telling me about how JPA decided to give him extra allowances to help ease the burden of his diabetic mother. He also told me that the reason why he got the 'extra' scholarship (he was not a JPA scholar) was because JPA officers were impressed with his culinary skills. The sensation of his warm breath against my ear were very realistic. I began to wonder if he did that on purpose to show that he had a feeling on me.

Halfway through our afternoon tea, I realized that Amal and Hannan were not wearing their hijab. I checked mine only to realize that I too did not wear my hijab. I began to panic, wandering how could it be possible since I left my house wearing my hijab. I wanted to go back home and cover my head but I have less than 30 minutes to do so as I was told that there's an event going on afterwards. At the same time, Shawn, my ex-schoolmate appeared in my dream. She asked me questions which I failed to recall, and I answered them. Hannan looked at us with a questioning look, so I introduced Shawn to her. Shawn told me that they have met at INTEC, but Hannan didn't seem to remember (they've never met each other in real life). That's when I realized that my hijab was back on my head. I thought aloud "how is this possible? Kejap ada kejap takda macam biskut!" I began to think that it was a dream, so I did reality check and saw that I have lost two of my fingers. Lucid!

The dream was very wobbly and unstable, so I walked around and shouted 'stabilize!' repeatedly. When I saw Linda and Alia I told them that I was dreaming, and they seemed happy for me. I continued my walk around the cafe, my dream still wobbly, while uttering 'stabilize!' on top of my voice. Little did I realize that I actually said 'sterilize!' instead of 'stabilize!'. WTF! The dreamscape did stabilize for a brief moment though, before disintegrating completely. I woke up, but did not make much movement. In the process of recalling my dream, I fell asleep again. That's practically DEILD yawww.

I found myself with Hannan at the same place as in my previous dream. I suddenly felt like doing RC, so I did just that. Like before, I had my ring and middle finger cut off and became lucid again. I initially found it difficult to believe that I was still dreaming because I thought I had woken up and went there with Hannan in real life. Nevertheless, I could feel that distinctive lucidity sensation so I began exploring the dream world.

My first thought was Adrien. I want to find him and ask him his name, so I walked around and called him out. Now this part was very freaky. I called out 'Adrien' several times, and each time I did so a DC resembling him would pop out all of sudden. They all wear the same yellow jacket he wore to class yesterday, but I knew they were not the real Adrien because they lack one or several features that describe him. For example, there was this DC who had long brown hair, fair complexion and lanky body, but he also had a mustache. Another DC responded to my call, but he did not have a long hair like my Adrien. Frustrated, I tried asking a random DC for help like I did when trying to find Raphael. The DC, a Kiwi, told me to turn left and go straight. I thanked him for his kindness, and he told me not to worry. Kiwis are still courteous even in dreams. He asked me my name, but he could not comprehend me when I said 'Fatimah', so I told him he could call me 'Tim'. With that, I went away.

I told myself that if I keep on looking for him, I would waste my entire lucid dreaming duration, so I decided to do something else. Tried to levitate, but failed to make myself stay afloat mid-air after a jump. When I tried to walk through walls, I nearly bumped my head on the hard concrete. Struggling to remember my dream task list, I then decided to take some LSD. It's Bicycle Day anyway, so why not. Realizing that I had none, I tried to summon it by reaching into my pocket. I managed to produce two tabs of pills. Tried the first pill, but after examining the packaging of the second pill, I was convinced that the second pill was Delysid, so I spat the first pill out and swallowed the second.

I was looking for some water to wash down the pill when I discovered that the place was actually an airport (resembling Dunedin International Airport). I thought it would be fun to board a plane for free, so I went to the departure hall. Saw my housemates and that male DC. I thought of having a make out session or something with someone gorgeous, but did not find anyone interesting. That male DC, however, began to take the form of someone I kinda like. That will do, I thought, and began kissing him. I woke up, and received an SMS from Linda telling me that Adrien was in her lab.

To make things better, I have discovered Adrien's real name. His name is _____, but I shall continue addressing him as Adrien in this journal because, uh, he doesn't look like a _____ anyway so haha!

By the way, the psychedelic effect of the Delysid pill did not take place. Maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment