Monday, January 31, 2011

dentistry, death, spectacles, weird dating agency

I’m afraid that for some unknown reasons, my dreams have become less vivid these days. I could not recall a large part of my multi-scenic dreams each night, and only managed to remember a few striking details and a couple of full storylines. For example, I believe that I had around 4 to 5 dreams yesterday, but I could only remember two of them, and some unconnected, fragmented details from the remaining scenes. No lucid dreams altogether, and no remarkable dreamsigns either. I need to re-learn how to do MILD and improve my dream recall.
I could not remember the beginning of my dream, but I could recall that somewhere in the middle of the third dream or so, around 5 a.m. if I’m not mistaken, I found myself in a dental clinic, getting ready for my tooth extraction. I’ve had tooth extraction dreams twice before, one of them involving me getting treatment at a government dental clinic, another one more grotesque – with me pulling out 4 of my teeth with my bare hands. Anyway, in this dream, I remembered that the dentist was a pleasant lady, probably 35 years old, a bit on the plump side. Her face, however, kept shifting – at one moment she appeared as a typical Malay lady, at another, as an ‘anak mami’ (probably with the name Mydin/Maideen). When she inspected my aching tooth, she could not tell exactly which one is affected, so she tapped my teeth one by one. I realized that this scene was akin to a real-life situation when I visited the dentist (an anak mami as well) at Shah Alam three months ago. As soon as she managed to pinpoint the source of my agony, she took her plier and proceeded with the gory action of pulling my bad teeth. I shrieked because there’s no damned anaesthetics around, which caused her to stop abruptly. I insisted for nitrous oxide, so she gave me a gas mask or something, and instructed me to take deep breaths. Last thing I remembered, I was feeling rather euphoric, probably from the laughing gas.

The dream faded to give way to a new scene, this time I found myself in an open ground with my whole family. I recognised the place as the barren field at the back of my old house. My youngest bro was playing with my other bro when he suddenly dropped dead. I could not remember what killed him, but I was sure it was something swift as he didn’t bleed or show any sign of pain. It was hard to believe that he was dead. To make things freakier, my parents and other bro began arranging for his funeral, with my parents digging his grave and other bro looking for wood planks and kain kafan. When everything was finished, I helped them carry my bro into his grave, but I realized that he wasn’t enshrouded with the kain kafan. He appeared as if he was sleeping. I told them to stop and tried to convince them that he was still alive, but they ignored me. I remembered telling them “even though I rarely speak to him, he was still my brother!” while crying hysterically. Then the dream ended. Whoa, two ‘death of a family member’ dreams in a row. What would that mean?

eta:
Good news: I managed to get my afternoon nap. Bad news: no lucid dream. Good news: my dream is vivid and freaky enough for me to recall. Bad news: no dreamsigns. I slept at 3 p.m., which is kinda too late to be considered as an afternoon nap, listening to the IQ Increase isochronic tones on my mp3 player. Heh, don't ask me why, I need to rejuvenate my disintegrating brain. Fell asleep in the middle, and immediately found myself sitting in a big hall (which did not resemble any of the halls that I've ever seen in my waking life). There were a bunch of girls in tutus and fancy costumes getting ready to perform a play or something at one side of the hall. I glanced down at what I was wearing at the moment - it was a very lovely burgundy lolita dress, which did not belong to me. I think there was some sort of glitch in my dream, causing that very scene to repeat twice (but with the girls wearing different clothes). The rest of that scene was a bit blurry, but I remembered following the girls down a narrow tunnel, through a small door like the one in Coraline. Then I found myself standing outside the hall. It was drizzling, and the sky was dark. I saw my parents at one corner, and when I approached them, they asked me to get aboard a freaky-looking bus run by a local dating agency. Possibly a subtle order for me to get married quick? No way, mom would never do that to me in real life hahaha! I was a bit reluctant at first to get aboard the bus, because I felt that it was too peculiar (with two tables set up in the middle of the bus for two couples, eating ais kacang and cendol). I seriously didn't know where would the bus bring me to.

During the whole destinationless journey, I was served with mushy public shows of affection by the other passengers (it was after all run by a dating agency). I felt completely out of place, but somehow a single guy noticed me and offered me his half-eaten Secret Recipe cake. I was like mehhhh no way, you looked like my ex. I glanced outside the window, and enjoyed the night scenery. The surroundings were a bit alien to me, but I believe that they resembled the route to Persada Convention Centre and City Square. True enough, after several minutes, the bus arrived in front of City Square. But instead of stopping at the bus stop, the freaky bus (which somehow took the form of a 60's hippie minibus at this point... guess that I am getting hippier nowadays) just sort of rammed into an unfortunate shop selling freaky shoes. Miraculously, the shop did not suffer any damage. I went around, hoping to explore this altered version of City Square, and possibly find this one shop where I intended to go in my waking life to buy a couple of new shoes, but within seconds everything went pitch black. Someone told me that the shops were going to close early (it was 8 p.m.) for CNY break. I remembered going to the 3rd floor as fast as I could, the shops behind me becoming dark one by one, before I realized that I had nowhere to go. I scanned the surroundings in a vain attempt to look for any possible way out, and saw a small shop selling keys and spectacles. The specs were brightly coloured (red, green, yellow, orange) and costed RM5.99 each. My shopaholic self leaped ecstatically and proceeded to buy 3 of them, only to realize that I did not have much time to do the eye test, so I woke up from my dream.

Please do the deciphering for me this time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment