Sunday, January 30, 2011

of dad, JPA and puding jagung

Today's my off day, so I had more time sleeping. Slept at 4 a.m. because LSD: My Problem Child by Albert Hofmann was unputdownable (or, rather, uncloseable - there's no way I could get the physical copy in Malaysia. Later in NZ, perhaps). No lucid dreams, which means not a single lucid dream for me this week. Maybe it's due to the fact that I did not have adequate afternoon naps this week (most of my lucid dreams occur during my afternoon naps - yup, Stephen LaBerge is definitely right). However, I did have a particularly bizarre dream this morning.

My dream started with me getting a call from JPA, probably from Pn. Azizah Setapa, telling me that I have a couple of problems with my Borang Soal Keselamatan. I somehow had a copy of that particular thing, and noticed that there was this section, the one that required me to get a signature from a police officer (which is nonexistent in the real Borang Soal Keselamatan) that I left completely blank. She asked me to go to JPA's office to collect that form and complete it. Weird thing was, instead of going to Putrajaya, I was required to go to my grandmother's hometown, Sagil. Since I didn't have enough time to take a bus or anything, I asked my dad to send me there via motorcycle. FYI the distance from my home to Sagil is about 160 km (that's like very meh compared to my previous motorcycle journeys to and fro Kuala Pilah with my dad back when I was in Form 1 - about 300km one way). The dream route to Sagil pretty much resembled that to Kuala Pilah via Tampin, so yeah, freaky. When we reached Sagil, Pn. Azizah was waiting in my grandma's house, eating some puding jagung (probably my mom's) from a plastic container. She gave me my forms back, and out of nowhere came a policewoman offering to sign the forms. Later Pn. Azizah told me that her colleagues love that puding jagung and they wanted to buy more of them from my mom.

While on our way back to JB, I saw a tiny little kitten on the roadside, meowing at me. I picked him up, played with him and fed him.The kitten looked like my lost kitten Kuning a.k.a. Cunit, so I asked my dad whether I could bring him back with us to JB. Dad wanted to, but considering that we're travelling via motorcycle, it would be a bit difficult to do so. Disappointed, I left him there. It was already dark when we left Sagil. I was feeling a bit worried since we're about to to through a rather thick forest (resembling Bukit Putus) but we went on anyway. The sky was very cloudy, but I could see three faintly glowing spheres - two near the horizon, one directly above my head, which I assumed were moons. That was weird, I thought to myself (damn I missed an important dreamsign!!!), so I asked dad whether those other two 'moons' were really moons. Dad said those are stars, so I ignored them. When we reached 'Bukit Putus', there was an accident involving a lorry and two cars (later I realized that the accident was the exact one I witnessed yesterday). All of sudden, everything went black, and I found myself in a different scene.

I was in a rather large train cabin, weeping uncontrollably. Someone told me that one of my parents have died. I didn't remember which one, but judging from the previous scene, I assumed it was my dad. One senior from AUSIS handed me a religious book about death and dying in an attempt to calm me down, but I told her I already had that book. I wanted to go to the toilet, but didn't find any. Instead, I found a specialized cabin, inhabited by a freaky scientist with all sorts of chemicals and apparatus around him. Did not remember anything afterwards.

~~~~Deciphering~~~~

I believe that our dreams reflect our innermost desire. In this case, my innermost desire is to get myself a new kitten, and spend more time with dad. I think I am also too worried about my JPA forms/visa/passport/financial affidavit thingie, hence the Puan Azizah dream. And those three moons probably reflect my desire to witness any astronomical wonders before I fly, like, uh, a full moonrise :P

Parent died? Hmm, I'm not really sure. One thing for sure, I DEFINITELY did not wish for any of my parents to die.

2 comments:

  1. best gile bace mimpi ko, cam tgk drama! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. kan Bie? haha, sy pun suka :D Btw Bie, Bie ada dalam mimpi sy smlm hahah.

    ReplyDelete