Saturday, March 26, 2011

codeine (and hashish and Delysid) and the end of dry spell

I'm currently taking codeine for my toothache, so I doubt that I'll be getting much vivid dreams/lucid dreams since opioids inhibit REM sleep. I also stopped eating peanut butter + apple juice for a while since I don't really feel like eating/drinking sweet stuffs thanks to the toothache. Stuck with hot salt water mouthwash 3 times a day after getting my premolar extracted. All of that and I still got a post-op infection. Haish.

Good news though: I actually had one lucid dream before the painkiller abuse commenced i.e. on Monday, which was also my first lucid dream in two weeks. Which also means my dry spell has ended! Codeine took over from there and everything went downhill afterwards though. But still, a lucid dream is a lucid dream and I'm so going to record it here.

So I slept very early the night before, around 9 p.m. The pain was too much for me to bear, so after taking 1000 mics (lol) of paracetamol I proceeded to hide myself under my duvet, cried and moaned hoping that someone could take me to A&E and give me a nice shot of antibiotic and morphine, but no one noticed though so I kept on rolling on my bed fighting the pain and somehow fell asleep in the process. Kept waking up in the middle of the night from the pain, took more paracetamol, went back to sleep. Had a long winding dream which I totally forgot to record (but I remember fragments involving me eating a block of hashish), so I couldn't remember much of them. I did, however, managed to record the lucid part of my dream.

I was riding a motorcycle in the rain along a deserted highway. The weather was getting worse so I decided to take refuge under a bridge. After paying for the toll, I made a detour and headed for the nearest bridge when suddenly, a group of biker gang-type guys started honking at me. There were around five of them at that time. I didn't feel particularly terrified though, despite me being a girl surrounded by guys who looked like rapists on Harley Davidson (I tend to associate guys with long mustaches as rapists - don't ask). One of them told me that I was riding on their private road and that I should get the eff off or suffer the consequences. Just when I was about to tell them that I was indeed going to GTFO, a guy who was also my senior arrived and shooed them away. He later offered to accompany me along my journey, but since his vehicle magically disappeared after encountering the biker gangs, he had to ride pillion on my bike. Which also meant he got to embrace me from behind. WTFBBQ! I must mention that I sort of have an eye on that particular senior in real life, so having a dream like that was like, whoa.

We went along the highway until we passed through a very beautiful hillside, with yellowish green grasses, a deep blue pond and bright orange sky. I told him that I wanted to stop by that place to take some pictures, and he agreed. At this point I somehow realized that I was dreaming ("This is too beautiful to be real. I must be dreaming") and became lucid without doing any RCs. However, I didn't feel as excited as I should be - FGS, it's my first lucid dream in two weeks kot! I told the senior that I was dreaming and we were in a dream, but he didn't say anything. The deep blue pond looked inviting, though, so I decided to jump into the pond for free falling practice purposes. Since it was a dream, the distance between the pond and my jumping platform suddenly disappeared, so instead of free falling, I only managed to plop into the pond, and ended up covering myself in blue algae. The senior along with another random DC laughed at me before I lost my awareness and were taken to a new dream scene.

I was no longer lucid at this point, but I somehow had the aforementioned senior as my father in this dream. Along with several other DCs, we were made to congregate in a small, untidy room (which looked like an abandoned attic) while the senior talked about something. I suddenly realized that I had three vials of Delysid on my lap, which appeared out of nowhere. Thinking that they might upset my 'father', I tried to hide them under my skirt, but he already noticed them and demanded that I return the vials to him. I struggled to do so though, because LSD was my favourite drug and I had always wanted to try a vial of the powerful psychedelic. Too bad I woke up before I managed to take a sample.


I woke up at 10 am the following day. Tooth was getting worse, but at least I woke up knowing that I managed to have a lucid dream. One which also involved my senior [ex-]crush (ex because I've already found my dream guy 'Adrien' - who, I kid you not, looks exactly like the Raphael I imagined day in and day out) :P


ETA: I actually managed to go to the exact place I visited in this lucid dream last Saturday. Turns out it was actually Otago Peninsula, specifically at St. Leonards. Everything was there - the hills, the blue pond (which was actually a creek), minus the enhanced colours. I guess dream is destiny, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment