Wednesday, March 2, 2011

micro lucid dreams?

Before I start, good news: technically, I had two lucid dreams last week - two rather awesome ones. Which technically means I have achieved my goal to have at least two lucid dreams per week before the end of Semester 1. I just hope that things will carry on like this (or, preferably, improve) from time to time. Maybe I should aim a bit higher: three lucid dreams per week before the end of this semester :D

Anyhoo, I noticed that my dream recall had improved a bit, but they were still disappointing. I didn't know what caused my dream recalling abilities to fluctuate like this - I used to be able to remember four dreams per night in great detail (which gave me the feeling of not having a minute of sleep every night, leading to me falling asleep in my classes :P). No, I haven't drank my turmeric tea yet, I'm too preoccupied with Physics to make myself a mug of sweet aromatic turmeric tea. Lol. But yeah, yesterday I managed to remember more of my dreams.
Think I'll just wait. Maybe I am just too tired. Can I have a bike please?

Surprisingly, despite my unimpressive dream recalling abilities, I had two lucid dreams in a row already this week, although I would rather consider them semi-lucid dreams, or even micro lucid dreams. They were very short, like my earlier lucid dreams, and were not as interesting as last week's. I didn't remember much of Monday night's dream - all I could remember was that I suddenly had the urge to do reality check by looking at my hands, saw that I had six fingers on each hand, and exclaimed "I am lucid!" Pathetic thing was, I didn't do anything about it afterwards, and let the dream end without even an ounce of control. Well ah, maybe I did control it somehow, but I simply couldn't remember what happened. So kids, this is why you need to establish your dream recall first before you're able to lucid dream. If you can't remember your dream, what's the point of being lucid? XP

The second one happened last night. This time, however, I remembered the dream began with me having to walk back from Castle 1 Lecture Theater to my flat. I was already tired of walking such a long distance, so I began running as fast as I could. One thing I noticed in my dream, whenever I started sprinting, I would feel almost weightless and I could easily cover several kilometres without feeling lethargic at all. In the dream, I was running happily when I realized that my body became lighter and lighter until every stride I took made me airborne for a short while. This was when I realized that I was dreaming, and I then proceeded to jump as high as I could to make myself levitate. I sort of galloped in the air for a minute or so before the dream ended, and that's it. Um, I did have a bizarre dream afterwards about me as a young girl, playing under a raspberry tree (raspberries come from trees? lol!) in a scantily-clad outfit, but yeah, the lucid part was uninspiring.

By the way, I managed to catch a short afternoon nap yesterday, during which I managed to have a rather vivid dream. In between sleep and wakefulness, I saw a guy, probably from one of my classes, sitting in our dining/living room (which didn't resemble our real life dining/living room at all). He turned on his laptop, presumably to do assignments/log on to Blackboard, and I decided to join him. I did my usual routine of checking the mail, Facebooking, Blackboarding, and played Talvin Singh's Jaan on my laptop. Tried to promote the song to Hannan, but she didn't seem to be interested in Asian Underground. All of sudden, the guy approached me and revealed that he, too, loves Talvin Singh - he even had a special remix of Jaan in his laptop. He offered to give the remix to Hannan, which, surprisingly, didn't refuse the offer although she seemed a little bit bored with it. The remix sounded cheesy to me, a la Scooter type bangin' techno, but I was impressed. I immediately felt that he was cute - not only because he was cute, but also because he loves electronic music. Me and Hannan were pushing and pinching each other, daring each other to go and usha that guy. I made the first move, but instead of starting a conversation with him, I told him that Hannan was interested in him. Then my alarm rang and it was time to go to class.

I do hope I could get a full lucid dream tonight, or later this week. Lucid dreams are awesome. And God, are there any other ways to improve dream recall other than drinking turmeric tea? You think I should try taking binaural beat doses again?

No comments:

Post a Comment