Friday, March 4, 2011

reading about lucid dreaming makes you lucid


The above video is an old track rediscovered. I listened to this back during my earlier psy-trance addict years (circa 2005). I could still remember the rush of euphoria I experienced when I first listened to this track. After that, I was preoccupied with Astral Projection, and later, Visual Kei (you kidding me???) and sort of left 1200 Mics for a while. Until now, that is. Man, who could ever put aside the genius that is Raja Ram?
That has nothing to do with today's entry, of course - I just want to share this here instead of on my main blog. Haven't got much multimedia contents in this dream journal of mine. And let's face it, lucid dreaming is closely related to psychedelic/Goa trance, so wouldn't it be cool to listen to psy stuffs while reading my lucid dreaming adventures in this blog? XD

By the way, remember what I told you about my improving lucid dream duration? It's true - I am improving, both in terms of duration and frequency. This morning I got my third lucid dream in this week, which was awesome coz I believe I had only mentioned about wanting to have three lucid dreams per week, like, two days ago? Another awesome thing was that I somehow managed to accurately time the duration of my lucid dream instead of merely guessing it, and it turned out that this morning, I had a 45-minute long lucid dream (45 minutes in waking life, at least). I went to sleep at 11 p.m. last night, woke up at 8 a.m., went back to sleep, and became lucid. I believe this is what people call WBTB (Wake Back To Bed). Yay for successfully attempting a new lucid dreaming induction method :D

My dream began with me making fun of a boy who was using an electrolarynx, which subsequently resulted in me being electrocuted with the electrolarynx by the annoyed kid. I then found myself in a sparsely decorated house, in which Dad ordered me to go and buy more decorations. I went out of the house, but instead of going to the home decor shop, I went inside a game arcade and decided to play DDP for a while before going to the shop. I saw my brother on the DDP machine, so I thought it would be cool to dance with him. He never showed his face to me though, but I immediately knew it was him. As I move my body to the music, I realized that I was completely naked. There were boys watching me dancing, which made me feel very uncomfortable. The DDP screen showed nonsense, and the dance moves featured were very foreign to me. I suddenly thought "is this a dream?", because the only time I found myself naked in public places was in my dream. I looked at my hands, and there they were - the extra finger on each of my hand confirmed my suspicion. I then uttered the full lucidity mantra several times, went out of the arcade, and found myself in a very unfamiliar setting. Everything was so vivid and lifelike that I could hardly believe I was dreaming. Did RC several times to convince myself that I was in a dream, and each time I counted, I had a total of 12 fingers.

I immediately thought of flying to a lovely spot where I could watch the sunrise, so I jumped as high as I could to catch the heavy wind blowing past me. After several attempts I managed to levitate, and I then ordered the wind to bring me to my desired place. Although the wind was going at very high speed, I was not that high above the ground. I wanted greater control over my flying attempt, so I imagined myself flying at a greater altitude. My attempt was successful, although I didn't manage to go as high as I hoped for. I finally arrived on top of a beautiful hill with a breathtaking view of the rising sun and lots and lots of wildflowers, similar to the one I saw during the Taieri Gorge Railway trip last Sunday. I wanted to take a pic of the panorama, but realized that I had no camera with me. I've read about how lucid dreamers are able to 'summon' various objects (including psychedelic drugs and lucid enhancer pills) simply by reaching into their pocket/bag, so I decided to do just that, to see whether I also have the ability to do so. I reached into my backpack, produced a blue pouch, imagined that there was a camera in the pouch - and there it was. Although it was not a DSLR (the camera, in fact, resembled my very old defunct 3 megapixel camera), it was operable, and that was enough to make me content. I took camwhore pictures with the background of the rising sun, and pictures of the scenery. Later, several DCs came to me and requested to be included in my pic. I recognized them as the people I knew from INTEC, including Amal and Linda. They looked very friendly, so I thought why not, I can later brag to the world about how I was able to take pictures with my DCs in my lucid dream (I am doing exactly that :P). We took several pictures together, and chatted for a while.

I then decided to explore my dream world further, and imagined a place where I could have a free fall. Linda and another DC wanted to follow me, so I brought them along. We travelled along a highway, which was uninteresting and monotonous in the beginning. The highway turned out to be a lot more exhilarating, and we found ourselves travelling up a very steep slope, kind of like climbing a very tall slanted building. We reached the peak and that was when I realized that I could free fall from that very spot, so I spread my arms and dropped myself down. Awesome.

When we reached the end of the highway, Linda told me that there was a lovely spot on our left hand side where we could have a picnic by the lake. She told me that the place was similar to a tourist spot in Seremban (I didn't remember the exact name of the place she told me). What she didn't tell me was the fact that there were several wild bears on that very spot, which could kill us in no time. As soon as we reached the place, a very big polar bear began approaching us. The bear looked vicious, but realizing that I was in a dream, I thought that there must be a way for me to tame the wild beast. I told the DCs that there's nothing to worry about; this was a dream, and I could make the beast obey my orders. I held out my hand, trying to pet the polar bear, and it suddenly turned into a very adorable bear. We played with the bear for a while, and that was when we realized that there were two other bears (non-polar XD) ready to attack us. I did the same thing to the other bears, and soon enough, we had three bears as pets to play with.

Linda later suggested that we go to a new spot which was quite far away from our current place. She seemed to be able to discern the fact that we were in a dream at this moment, which was interesting. I wondered if the Linda in front of me was the actual Linda and not merely my subconscious disguising herself as a DC. It would be cool if I have a shared lucid dream with someone I know, I thought to myself. But then again, I realized that she was probably in class at the moment, so there's no way we're able to be in the same dream. That aside, when I suggested that we fly to that place she was talking about, she did not dismiss it as absurd. This was my second successful attempt in trying to convince my DCs that we were in a dream. We were preparing for our flight when I suddenly opened my eyes. Damn! It was over just like that! There were not even signs of dream destabilization FGS. I tried doing DEILD, but I couldn't get back to my dream. My REM phase had ended, it seemed. I looked at my alarm clock, and it was 8.45 a.m. It occurred to me that I just had a 45-minute lucid dream. That definitely made my day.

By the way, title is such because I believe I read so many lucid dreaming materials these days before I went to sleep. I guess that's one of the reasons behind my improving lucid dreaming duration and frequency. My hypothesis is that when you read stuffs related to lucid dreaming before sleep, you would think about the stuffs you read until you fall asleep - and that's almost like doing MILD. How cool is that?

Side note: Linda is officially my new dream sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment