Wednesday, February 23, 2011

do I get false awakening that often?

Kia Ora! Ceh, dah perasan, menyampah. Hahaha, so all hail first lucid dream in Dunedin!

Things had been quite hectic since the last time I wrote here, so I didn't have a chance to record my dreams or practice lucid dreaming. My dream recall was also somewhat blurry these days, maybe due to the fact that I did a lot of walking here (from Toroa to Octagon, without any other means of transport!), so by nighttime I would be half dead already and couldn't remember half of my bizarre dreams when I woke up the next morning. I didn't like that, so marilah turmeric tea :P

Anyhoo, last night I slept while listening to my Flyer track, looking straight at my 'Are You Dreaming' poster in front of me. I had visuals before I sleep, during a hypnagogic state I presumed, visuals that resembled a dream i once had before. I did not do reality check because I can still hear the sounds from my headphones, so I deduced that I was not yet sleeping. WILD was beyond me because, like I said, I was damn tired I couldn't even think of how close I could get to WILDing at that time. Tsk.

After a brief moments, fragments of dream scenes started to appear, including one that I believe involved Prof. Stephen Duffull :P Several fragmented dreams later, I found myself in a building, resembling the Link but with much narrower passages, with O-Week flyers taped all over. I went through one passage to another, and realized that I was getting lost. I didn't want to ask for directions though, so I kept walking until I reached the entrance of a gym. I noticed something interesting happening inside, so I peeked into the gym and saw people were having a ballet practice (pengaruh Black Swan ni). I tried to follow their movement, but I lost my balance and fell down, albeit very slowly. During the process of getting up, I saw my hands, and noticed that they are slightly blurry. Just for the hell of it, I held up my hands and saw two fingers missing - and I immediately became lucid. The first thing on my mind upon discovering that I was lucid was, of course, Raphael. I wanted to meet him again, and spend longer time with him - perhaps with a make out session thrown in as well :PP As usual, my lucid dreams were all wobbly and unstable in the beginning, so I decided to do the tried and tested method to stabilize my dream - rubbing my hands. Unfortunately, for some reasons, the act of rubbing my hands caused my dream to further destabilize, and before I knew it I was already awake. What duuude, last time it worked perfectly!

Tried DEILD and went back into the dream, but I was still unsure whether I was dreaming or not. I felt like I was still awake, and I thought my eyes were half open because my dream was unusually bright (I, uh, sleep with the lights on here coz I'm alone in my room and it gets very dark at night :P). Did not want to lift my hands to do the classic reality test, though, afraid that my dream would disintegrate once more. Instead, I jumped in the air several times to see whether I could levitate - another one of my favourite reality testing methods. I did manage to levitate - well, at least I managed to make half of my body to levitate. I was too distracted to remember anything from my dream task list, so I just levitated for a few minutes before I lost my awareness and the dream shifted into another scene.

In this dream, I woke up in my heavily altered room (with higher ceiling and bigger door), without noticing anything weird about it initially. I walked out of my room and saw the whole house were altered beyond recognition. My housemates were all in the living/dining room, so I went and joined them. One of them started to act weird and became grumpy upon seeing me joining them, but I ignored her and had my breakfast. Later I went to her room and asked her why she had been quite moody these days, particularly with me. At one point I realized that it was a dream and I could say anything without hurting her feelings, so I did just that. We almost had an argument when my other housemate called me and invited me into her room. She started saying bad things about the girl, and I just sort of agreed with everything she said. From that, things became quite messed up, and I ended up being labelled as a traitor by each of my housemates. I thought screw that, I am in a dream anyway, and woke up for real.

Subconscious, you trying to tell me something?

By the way, here's Flyer ('flyer' refers to the nasty guys mentioned by Castaneda)

Flyer by Vryzzer

No comments:

Post a Comment