Friday, February 11, 2011

I do not only read novels, I also read Castaneda

What does it mean when you keep dreaming about going to camps? I've had 3 camping-related dreams since the day I started writing in this DJ. Last night, I dreamed about joining a wilderness-related camp or something (not similar to the Wilderness Adventure Camp I went to when I was in Form 3), with half of the participants being my fellow PKTRians. We gathered at a place which resembled the row of shops in front of my house. After a briefing, we were brought to a beautiful river with extremely challenging rapids. The facilitator told us that we were going to do white water rafting (okay, this might even be my dream version of PKTR or something). I was the first person to go; it was pretty freaky because I was alone on the raft (and they asked me to maneuver it on my own!) and the rapids are, well, rapid. Of course I went white water rafting before; it's just that my Subconscious' suppressed taste for extreme things had forced me to take a 10-metre plunge down a waterfall. If that's not freaky, I don't know what is. Still, it was exhilarating and I ended up wanting to go for another round. When I was done with them rafting, a facilitator called me and asked me to go to a particular abandoned place with him. When I reached there, he told me that I had been very rude and should be punished (what's with these punishment stuffs going on in my camping dreams lately??). The punishment was very freaky - there was this device that could make you 9 months pregnant in less than a minute. He switched on the device, and I suddenly felt my belly getting bigger, but somehow I had this notion that I could control the situation and stop it from happening, because it's my world anyway (yeah, I was that close to becoming lucid) so I kicked him on his stomach and shouted "STOP!" The device stopped, but I was already 4 months pregnant. The dream faded into nothingness before i woke up and realized that my handphone was vibrating.

Didn't do DEILD/WILD whatsoever, but when I went back to sleep I had another vivid dream. This time, I was in my grandma's house (altered, of course) with Leana and her little bro. Freaky thing was Leana was my cousin in the dream - in fact, she didn't even act like the Leana I know at all, she really resembled my cousin save for her appearance. We went around the neighbourhood several times, me bringing my laptop for no reason (I think I was browsing through a specific website, but I couldn't remember what was it). I didn't remember what happened afterwards, all I know was that the scene shifted shortly after. I was now with my dad and bros in a Rapid KL-like bus, going through McDonalds. Somehow, the bus shapeshifted into a trolley, and I found myself sitting on it, munching Double Cheeseburger as the trolley went past everybody in the restaurant. I guess that was a peculiar thing to do, because everybody were staring at me like I was some sort of a freakshow. There was a brief moment of blankness, and then I found myself with dad and bros in the middle of a very quiet road, similar to the road to Sagil from Tangkak with acacia trees instead of palm trees. Dad gave us RM27 each, and he challenged us to make the money multiply. I took my RM2 note and tore it into two. I told them that from my readings, Castaneda said that you can alter things both in your dreams and real life (well, he didn't actually said this, it's more like an idea I get from my readings) and visualised the RM2 note regenerating from one torn half. It did regenerate, so I proceeded to do the same with my other notes. Funny I was so close to awareness but didn't manage to become lucid, tsk.

Once again, the dream scene shifted, and I was now in the earlier Rapid KL bus for a tour around Shah Alam city centre. My dream version was actually very very cool, with SACC Mall, Anggerik Mall and Plaza Alam Sentral merged into one futuristic building with LRT and whatnots. We ended up at another McDonalds restaurant in one of the malls (which do not resemble any of the malls in real life), and settled for a seat next to a very large window. Through the window I witnessed a performance by a troupe of stilt walkers in neon attires, who did a very impressive job with the stilts (and by impressive I mean running around chasing people, jumping, doing backflips). There was a large LCD screen where I got to watch some weird adverts. After finishing my meal, I decided to do some window shopping.

As soon as I come out of McDonalds, the whole mall changed into a shabbier building, very much like Larkin Terminal, with stairs instead of escalators. There were several shops selling traditional medicine and Muslim items. I went to the 3rd floor, and saw that the whole floor was occupied with books, sort of like the Big Bad Wolf Booksale. Of course, I became very excited and started exploring the floor. Most of the books are second hand and unpopular, but I did recall seeing Homer's Iliad and Odyssey stacked on the entrance of one bookstore. I picked up one book randomly, which happened to be a very abridged version of Karl Marx's Das Kapital (it said so on the cover) but with the picture of Che Guevara instead of Marx on the cover. When I flipped the book, there was one photograph of Che taking self-portrait with a DSLR, but the photo was extremely blurry, with no distinct facial features. The caption said something like "here is a softer and more comical side of Marx". I believe the texts are also unstable and blurry but I failed to notice this, hence denying myself an opportunity to become lucid. I went to check out several more books (one science reference book, two Malay novels, a row of fictions) before the dream faded and I woke up.

You see how I was that close? Ah well, next week perhaps. Altogether now:

The next time I dream and have an effing dream sign I will realize that I am dreaming.



p/s: title is so because someone thought I "read too much novels and watch too many movies". :P

No comments:

Post a Comment