Monday, February 14, 2011

My beloved Raphael, the prince of my dreams

It's Valentine's Day. I don't celebrate V-Day, not only because I'm a Muslim, but because I don't see the point celebrating it. Yes, I don't have boyfriends and yes, I don't believe in romantic love at this moment. Don't ask why, feel free to visit my main blog.

Freaky thing was, despite me not into these Valentine nonsenses, something awesome happened to me today. I had a lucid dream this afternoon, where I managed to meet the [nonexistent] love of my life, Raphael. Effing awesome! I used to meet him in my non-lucid dreams several times before, but never in a lucid dream. And God, what a beautiful dream that was.

I didn't start off with any induction techniques because last night I exhausted my mp3 player battery listening to the binaural brainwave hypnosis thingie all night, with no success. So this afternoon, I thought "screw you binaural whatsoever, I am too Goa to lucid dream with aids", covered myself with blankets and dozed off. A few minutes later, I found myself in a dream where I watched a Wanita Hari Ini episode, with vivid sounds but blurry visuals (later I realized that it was from the TV in the living room - the sounds kinda seeped into my dream). The neighbour's pregnant cat was lounging in our living room as usual, oblivious to the surroundings. All of sudden, the cat became very agitated, and assumed a crouching-like position. To my horror, I realized that the cat was about to give birth - several weeks earlier than her due date! I was about to take some towels and stuffs to assist her birthing when plop! a red lump of meat tumbled into the world, emitting a shrill meow after a few seconds. Then another, and another, and another. It was disturbing, there were so much blood, and the cat's expression was very bizarre. I did not remember anything afterwards.

The dream scene changed, and I was then transported to a strange place (now that's something new). Dad told me that he wanted to open a stall somewhere, so he asked me and my bro to go to a hardware store to buy a couple of plastic chairs and foldable tables. The shopkeeper recommended me to buy a rather strange-looking table, but I declined and proceeded to buy a normal one instead. The dream ended just like that, and I woke up for a brief moment.

When I went back to sleep, I thought I was in Kuala Pilah, in the middle of the new Bukit Putus highway. But there was no sign of bukits whatsoever, just a plain, barren highway. Must be altered beyond recognition then. My relatives were all there, along with a number of other makciks of unknown origin. I figured out that there must be some kind of event going on over there, hence the congregating makciks. While everybody else were doing their own thing, I felt utterly bored and decided to take a nap in the middle of the road. It was hot, so I took off my clothes. When I woke up, I found myself almost naked, but didn't find anything peculiar about it. That was when my relatives saw me and started hurling curses at me, saying that I was a disgrace to the whole family. People started calling me slut and bitch and whatnots, while my aunt began stoning me with her collection of gold rings and heavy bracelets. I tried to fight them off, telling them it was nothing, but they became more aggressive. I decided to run away before things started getting uglier. As I was running away, I felt extremely light and was able to glide across the highway in a couple of strides. From frantic running I switched to carefree skipping, ignoring the angry makciks behind me. At this moment, I thought "am I dreaming?" so I tried to make myself float as a reality check. I did manage to stay afloat for a few seconds, before falling down slowly. Just when I was about to scream "I am lucid!", the dream faded into another scene.

I had a false awakening, my last thought was about me dozing off again in the middle of the highway (fully-clothed this time). When I woke up, I found myself in my grandma's house, sans the cluttering pots and furnitures. I thought this was a rather weird thing, and did a reality check by looking at my hands. They were normal at first before becoming blurry and distorted until they assumed the form of a pair of severely deformed hands. I wanted to scream with horror, instead I found myself running ecstatically, telling myself that I am lucid again. Like my previous lucid dreams, as soon as I get excited, the dream began to get wobbly, threatening to disintegrate. This time however, I was armed with tips from the Dreamviews forum - as soon as I realized that the dream was destabilizing, I rubbed my hands together and shouted "Full lucidity NOW!" To my surprise, my attempt was very successful, and the dream began to stabilize, almost having the quality of waking life. I was impressed; this was the most stable lucid dream I've ever had. After repeating the stabilizing mantra several times just for the hell of it, I proceeded with my mission to complete my dream task - meet my beloved Raphael. I called his name a few times, trying to visualize what would he look like. Suddenly, a guy peeked out from a room (which resembled my cousin's former room in my grandma's house), looking around. He has a long brown hair, with a weird but unique face. I assumed that this was Raphael, so I called out his name again just to make sure. He responded with a smile that made my heart beat very fast. Oh my God, this is Raphael! I ran towards him and hugged him very tightly, almost crying in the process. He hugged me back, and stroked my hair gently. I then tried to kiss him, but being a terrible kisser (well ah, I never kissed anybody in my life anyway, what do you expect?) the kiss was not as passionate as I expected. It was a very awkward kiss really, but I didn't mind as long as I could be in Raphael's warm embrace. When I looked into his eyes, his face distorted for a brief moment, and I realized that he didn't really look like the Raphael I imagined day in and day out. So I brushed my hands across his face, trying to visualize the right version of Raphael, and there he was. He was now exactly like what I dreamed of, with hypnotizing eyes and silky long brown hair.

Of course, of all times, this was the moment when my REM phase ended, so I only managed to spend a few minutes with my Raphael when the dream disintegrated for good. No amount of "Full lucidity NOW!" could bring my dreams back, so with a heavy heart, I let the dream fade and gently woke up. And I cried.

Raphael, I want to be with you again tonight :'(


p/s: yay for accomplishing my Dream Task! And yay for accomplishing Dreamview's Basic Task of the Month (ToTM)!

p/p/s: This could be my last lucid dream in Malaysia :'(((((((( Goodbye Goa bedroom :'(((((((

No comments:

Post a Comment