Sunday, February 6, 2011

OMG finally, a lucid dream!

OMG. OMG!

After 3 weeks of lucidity dry spells, I finally managed to become lucid! My hypothesis is correct - pseudoephedrine tablets do inhibit lucidity. Ha! I am now back on cetirizine therapy. Although my little old fella here couldn't do much apart from preventing any impending rhinitis attack, I'd rather suffer from stuffy nose than sacrifice my lucid dreams!

Last night, I figured out that it would be very cool to reach hypnagogic state and do WILD (you can trip on endogenous DMT and have lucid dreams - how cool is that?), so I went to bed at 1.30 a.m. with my headphones on. But instead of listening to binaural beats/isochronic tones, I chose the Ambient folder on my mp3 player and attempted to trip on Shulman, Easily Embarrassed, Jaia and some Shpongles. I tried to keep my body very rigid in order to trick my mind into believing that I was already asleep (and subsequently have sleep paralysis). Alas, after one hour or so, I had some sort of breathing difficulties from my current position and had no choice but to undo everything (I think I almost slipped out of consciousness while listening to Shpongle's Botanical Dimensions). Almost abruptly, I did not feel sleepy anymore, which was bad because it was already 2.36 a.m. and I had to wake up at 6.30 a.m. the next day for kuih frying obligations. I kept tossing and turning, changed my sleeping positions several times and covered my eyes to block the lights from the kitchen. Still not sleepy. And the retro songs from the radio, courtesy of Sinar FM was killing me. Despite having difficulties sleeping with my headphones on, I put em back on and played the Lucid Dreaming isochronic tones on my mp3 player. Listened to it until the end (around 30 minutes) without the slightest hypnagogic feelings whatsoever, took off my headphones and covered myself with blankets from head to toe.

I woke up - or rather, I thought I woke up - not long after that. In fact, I didn't really feel like I had a fraction of second of sleeping at all; it felt like I closed my eyes for a while, opened them back and suddenly it was already 6.30 a.m. Or was it 5.30 a.m.? I checked the time on my handphone, but I found it difficult to tell exactly what time was it. It couldn't be 6.30 a.m., I told myself. FGS I barely slept kot! I looked outside my window - it was no longer dark. Probably 6.30 a.m. Then I saw two candles on my desk, burning steadily. I thought, "how nice of you, lighting candles in my room" (probably referring to Raphael). And that was when it hit me. I did not have candles in my room, I locked the door so there's no way anybody could get in and light them candles, I have trouble looking at numbers. Am I dreaming? I quickly held out my hands - they were very blurry, as if they were being erased from my sight. Yup, positive. It's a dream!

And yeah, after 3 weeks of not being able to attain lucidity, of course I was excited. Too excited, in fact, to the point of waking myself up. I managed to open my eyes and woke up for a few seconds before I realized that I don't want my first lucid dream in 3 weeks to last for only a few seconds, did DEILD and found myself back into the dream. Still, I couldn't quite believe I was in the dream because I was dreaming of being in my room, with every single thing left unaltered save for the two candles. So I did another reality check - I tried to make myself hover. I jumped as high as I could, but I couldn't stay afloat - I fell down, albeit very slowly. I lifted up my legs, and felt as if there's something pulling them up, leaving me hanging upside down in the air. After a while I got tired of it, and decided to do something else. I remembered that one of my dream tasks was to find my guardian, so I looked around and called out for him/her. No one came out. Disappointed, I sat on my bed, thinking what else I could do in my dream. Just when I was about to get up and try to walk through my bedroom wall, I felt the dream started to disintegrate, and I was losing my awareness little by little. Panicky, I tried to remember the steps to avoid the dream from slipping off, but couldn't remember any. Slowly, I let the dream fade and opened my eyes. Tried doing DEILD once again but failed. Guess I was already out of my REM sleep cycle, and I couldn't do anything about it.

Yes, I realized that I couldn't do much in my lucid dream this time - need to learn more about how to prolong my lucid dreams, but dammmmmnnnn! Thank God for my lucid dream! FYI, this is the first lucid dream I had with the help of an aid, i.e. isochronic tones. Guess that in order to make it work, you have to listen to it till the end instead of fall asleep in the middle. Will definitely try it again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment