Friday, May 13, 2011

don't trust your Subconscious

My day started early, because I need to attend the morning HUBS lecture. I dragged my groggy self to Castle 2, kept asking myself "is this a dream?" during lecture since my surroundings seemed wobbly (probably due to the lack of sleep), told myself I would get back to bed as soon as I reach home. On my way back from my lecture, I bumped into The Adrien. I figured out that he must be on his way to the 9am Physics lecture, and cursed myself for not bringing my Physics book along with me so that I could also attend the lecture with him. Lol.

Anyhoo, please disregard the first paragraph and focus on the followings. I slept at 9.30 a.m. after some quick internet browsing. Told myself I will have a lucid dream this time (and I'm very confident about it. BILD FTW). I also asked Subconscious to project the time when Adrien go to his CELS lecture in my dream, so that I could decide when exactly should I attend my CELS lecture. Hahahaha dammit, of course I'm kidding, I'm not as creepy as that :P

Had a false awakening, perhaps after several minutes of deep sleep. Logged on to my Facebook, received 2 friend requests from an unknown Indonesian. Just when I was going to view his profile, I realized that it was a trap - the profile was actually a virus. My account was hacked immediately. The Indonesian posted malicious links and statuses on my profile, inviting furious comments from my FB friends. At this point I noticed there's something weird with the layout of my profile page, and began wondering whether I was still in my dream. I did reality check and noticed that my index finger was cut off. Lucid! Immediately after attaining lucidity, I found myself back on my bed, but I knew I was still in my dream because I could feel that distinctive wobbly feeling. I did not try to stabilize the dream first; instead, I got out of my bed, thinking that it would be the perfect time to carry out my seemingly impossible dream task - walk through walls. I imagined a different kind of world on the other side of my bedroom wall, and walked through it. My attempt was successful! Unfortunately, as soon as I managed to cross to the other side, I felt a sudden shock, and woke up. I was probably too excited, causing me to wake up immediately. Lesson learnt - don't get too excited, and always stabilize your dream first before attempting anything!

Did DEILD. The most conscious DEILD I have ever done. I could literally feel the transition from waking life into dreamland, and experienced a rather intense sleep paralysis. When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying on my bed, so I did another reality check just to make sure I had arrived in my dream. There was a pair of weird-looking spectacles on my bed, at the exact spot where I usually put my specs before I went to sleep. I put it on, and discovered it was some sort of binocular. There was something wrong with the eyepiece, so I tried to adjust it by rotating a knob on the frame. As I rotate the knob, my field of vision changed. What appeared in front of my eyes looked like a view from a telescope, with thousands of glimmering stars. Rotating the knob further revealed a kaleidoscopic image. I enjoyed the psychedelic view for a short while before waking myself up because I remembered having CELS lecture to attend.

I woke up, discovered I still had time to sleep. Found myself in Castle 2, about to have my CELS lecture. A couple of people walked past my seat, and behind them I saw Adrien, looking for a vacant seat (presumably one near me hahaha). Woke up immediately, thought that Subconscious was telling me to go to the 4pm CELS lecture if I were to meet Adrien. Turns out he attended the 11am lecture. And thank God I did not trust my Subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment