Wednesday, May 25, 2011

partial out-of-body experience?

I had a rather major breakdown before going to sleep (don't ask me why), so to ease my sadness I browsed through DreamViews and discovered something about how isochronic tones in its entirety is the best lucid aid. I decided to get back to my long abandoned Lucid Dreaming isochronic tone because it's been a long time since I last had a proper lucid dream and I was really determined to meet Raphael. Listened to the tone for 26 minutes, went to bed, read several pages of Go Ask Alice (which was disappointing after I found out it was nothing more than a fabricated 'true journal' preaching the dangers of acid) and fell asleep.

This was when the freakiest thing in my dreaming experience happened. I woke up at 5am (rough estimation) but I could only see a portion of my surroundings, like in my previous entry; it was as if my eyes were covered with something. I realized that it was my sleep mask (I wear one since I sleep with the lights on lol), but I couldn't take it off no matter how I tried. Then slowly, I felt my body - or is it my astral body? - levitate higher and higher. I thought it was nothing more than a hypnagogic hallucination or something, but then again I really felt my whole body levitate, I swear it was not merely in my mind. Partial OBE, perhaps? I felt that distinctive vibration all over my body, and sensed the presence of another being in my room. After several minutes of levitating, my body was lowered to my bed. And the cycle continued for about three more times. I was aware of everything from start to finish, and was confident it was not a dream. I mean, I had all of my senses with me, the surroundings were very stable, and I never had that vibrations thingy in my dream, they only occur during hypnagogia. FGS I didn't even know what really happened to me last night, it was a combination of sleep paralysis, hypnagogic hallucination and OBE I presume. But one thing for sure, isochronic tones are awesome like that and I'm so going to try it again later. I love the feeling of withdrawing from my body. Probably not tonight, though, because one thing I noticed, isochronic tones only work for me at longer time intervals (once a month, etc).

Oh, by the way, despite my effort to forget every single thing related to Adrien, I had another dream involving him last night. The same plot - I was walking back from my lecture when I bumped into him. Actually, I didn't bump into him - he was following me from behind. I let him overtake me, only to find him walking behind me again. Subconscious is classy like that. I just hope this will not be a recurring dream theme - it would be too painful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment