Tuesday, May 3, 2011

dreaming of Stephen

WBTB seemed to be very effective for me. Today I did WBTB again (although I only managed to wake up for about 10 minutes before going back to sleep) and had my first lucid dream (or semi-lucid dream?) this month. Best thing was, my foster dad Stephen LaBerge was in my dream!

I found myself back to my old school at Kuala Pilah, and realized that many parts of the school were heavily altered. There was a talk going on in my old classroom about sleep, dreaming and all things esoteric. I heard that Stephen LaBerge would also be there, so I got really excited and invited some of my friends to come along. Lots of people turned up at the event, which was surprising considering the nature of the talk given. I mean, who else in my school were interested in lucid dreaming? I only know Top, but he's not in this dream. The crowd overflowed to the outside of the classroom. Since I arrived quite late, I had to sit outside with the rest of the overflowing eager crowd. One girl brought an interesting book on the topic of lucid dreaming (I believe the book was Andrey Reutov's Dream Searchers), and it turned out lots of other people brought their own esoteric books to the event. Kinda made me regret not bringing Stephen's Lucid Dreaming book with me - I could totally ask for an autograph or something. During the talk, I saw Stephen looking directly at me, so I went to say hi to him. We ended up having a lively chat together, as if we had known each other for so long. We talked about lucid dreaming stuffs and some other random topics, and he asked me things a father would normally ask his daughter (things like "how's your study?", "you have fun living in New Zealand?", "how's your lucid dreaming progress?" etc. Only, my real father won't ever ask me such questions). One thing I noticed, he did not look like the Stephen I know - he had a full beard in my dream, which somehow reminds me of Osama bin Laden. Nevertheless, I knew he was the Stephen LaBerge, because I recognize that sweet and warm voice of his anywhere. The rest of the crowd watched our conversation with shock/awe/disbelief.

my Stephen looks like this. Isn't he the sweetest? Awwww.

After the talk, I walked along the school corridor aimlessly, holding a piece of paper with small text. At one point I suddenly felt like doing reality check, so I did just that and saw something wrong with my hands - there are eight fingers on my left hand. I stared at my hands with disbelief for a few minutes, counting my fingers several times. I am dreaming! Like heck! At this point I knew I was dreaming, but I somehow have some doubts because the dream was extremely vivid like in waking life, with no dreamlike qualities whatsoever save for the polydactylic me. Doubting myself, I tried a different RC method by reading the text on the paper I was holding. What appeared as a very long composition about Rukunegara (lol) turned completely unintelligible, with random letters and weird characters. That strengthened the fact that I was dreaming, but I was still not satisfied. I then tried to make myself levitate, but only managed to make my lower body float while my upper body stayed pivoted on the ground, making me suspended mid-air upside down. Okay dude, you are dreaming, so what are you waiting for, I told myself. I had this overwhelming urge to jump off from the building (I was on the third floor) and attempt some real kick-ass freefall, but I kept having this thought "what if this isn't a dream? What if I fall down and kill myself? I don't want to die yet!" so I didn't do it. WTF. Walked around for a bit, tried to find Stephen and ask him whether or not I was dreaming, and that's when I felt that sudden shock in my awareness. Instead of uttering the stabilizer mantra, I made myself wake up to see if it was indeed a dream. I woke up, and cursed myself and Subconscious. Attempted DEILD afterwards but it failed.

According to this post on DV, I was probably about 70% to 80% lucid. I think there's something restricting myself from being confident enough that I was dreaming. Maybe it's my Subconscious - I've been trolled by her once. Anyhoo, it may not be my best lucid dream ever (or semi-lucid, or whatevs) but knowing that I have met Stephen definitely puts a smile on my face. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment