Thursday, May 12, 2011

i have no specific title for this entry

This week was hellish. I lacked sleep, thanks to the 3 labs I need to attend on Monday, Tuesday and today. That simply means no decent WBTB, and less opportunity to attain lucidity. I tried All Day Awareness, but failed because I couldn't even be bothered to focus during lecture, let alone paying attention to every single thing I do in a day.

But I still practice that super-conscious BILD thingy (Believing Induction of Lucid Dreaming... I know I know, they come up with so many random _ILDs these days). And yesterday I finally managed to get a decent amount of sleep because I had no labs and was too groggy to drag myself to HUBS morning lecture, hence allowing myself to get my first lucid dream in a week. Although it's not as inspiring as my previous one, a lucid dream's a lucid dream so yeah. I had around two epic long dreams before the lucid one, but due to me not recording them as soon as I wake up from my sleep, I have lost them altogether. I know, gahhh, physical DJ was right there beside me, I just couldn't be bothered isk.

In my third dream, I was with a DC, Hannan I presumed, in a hotel. We were lounging at the first floor when she suddenly dragged me to the grand stairs and made me ride a saucer-like thingy with her. We leaped from the first floor to the ground floor, covering 20 metres or so, effectively doing flying saucer freefall lol. When we landed safely without any injuries, I began to question the realness of the world around me. I asked Hannan, "are we in a dream?" Being the dreaded projection of my Subconscious, she said no, it was real, we were in waking life. I have learned from my previous encounters with various DCs that whenever a DC said it was not a dream, it was almost always a dream. So I did reality check by looking at my hands. My left hand was normal, but my right hand had six fingers. I did not realize this alteration at first, and almost believed in what Dream Hannan told me, but when I carefully scrutinized my right hand, I saw that extra finger and became lucid. The dream was very unstable, though, and I struggled to remember what I should do to stabilize it. At this point I noticed that Dream Linda was with me, grabbing my arm tightly. I suddenly remembered to shout 'stabilize', and the dream quality began to improve albeit still not very vivid. I wanted to increase the clarity and vividness of the dream, so I decided to try a method that I previously abandoned - rubbing my hands together. I refused to use this method before because I kept waking up immediately after doing so, but this time my attempt to stabilize the dream was highly successful. The dream was now as vivid as waking life. Like, damn vivid man! Possibly the most vivid lucid dream I've ever had. Odd thing was, Dream Linda encouraged me to rub my hands together and told me it was the best thing to do in order to stabilize my dream. She also seemed to realize that the world we were currently in was nothing more but a dream. We walked together hand in hand for a short while before my dream disintegrated rapidly. I woke up, but went back to sleep.

Did DEILD but to no avail. Had a false awakening in my next dream. I dreamed of waking up and finding myself in grandma's altered room. I saw a stack of exercise books in a plastic bag, which looked interesting, so I flipped them one by one. Turns out they were my old drawing books from my childhood, with comics and random stories I made when I was as young as 7. Dad saw me, and asked "have you just woken up from a lucid dream?" I said yes, and he gave me an A5 leather bound notebook, telling me it was someone's dream journal. That someone was also a lucid dreamer, so reading her journal may help me have another lucid dream, Dad said. I forgot the contents of the dream journal though, too bad too bad.

I asked this question before, but I'm going to ask it again; could Dream Linda possibly be my dream guide? I know, I have Dom Cobb already, but having her as my dream guide is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment