Saturday, April 23, 2011

another drug-related dream

Really, I don't need to do drugs in real life, my Subconscious could make me do them in my dreams. Let's just hope I won't start frequenting Cosmic Corner and get me some Salvia later. Today I decided to take a late afternoon nap (late afternoon means just that) because there's nothing interesting on fb and I couldn't be bothered to study Chemistry. Just finished watching two parts of a documentary on how to double your brain performance and decided to utilize this method to increase my chances to get lucid dreams (refer to this thread on DV), so before sleeping I told myself that I will have a lucid dream today. And I did!

Well, it's not like my usual 20-minute long lucid dream with awesome controls and stuffs, but I did realize that I was dreaming so yeah, still a valid lucid dream. My dream was similar to the one I had a few weeks back (it's in the drafts list. maybe later), one which started as a false awakening. I woke up but didn't open my eyes; I suddenly gained the ability to see behind my closed eyelids. Everything seemed unstable and wobbly, so I concluded that I must be dreaming. Tried a new reality checking method today - instead of looking at my hands, I did the popular nose-pinching reality check. It took me a while to realize that I could breathe through my pinched nose though. What made me disappointed was the fact that I couldn't do much in this dream; I wanted to get up and do awesome things, but I was too afraid to do so thinking that any movement I did in the dream would happen in real life, causing me to wake up. I kept having this urge to open my eyes because my closed eyelids vision was impaired - everything was very dark and blurry - but refrained myself from doing so in order to prolong the dream. I did manage to take a few steps away from my bed before I woke up when my phone alarm went off.

I realized that this kind of dream usually occur during my afternoon nap. Hypothesis? Afternoon nap is too short for me to reach a decent REM phase.

After waking up from the dream, I went back to sleep. Had another dream but did not become lucid because I couldn't be bothered to do DEILD. This time, I found myself in the middle of a night market, finding food for my dinner. I ended up buying char kuay teow with lots of mussels, which tasted heavenly. After dinner, I followed a DC to a hidden shop, where he introduced me to a variety of legal highs. I initially refused to take them, but after being coaxed by the salesgirl, I decided to try a legal hallucinogen (I'm not sure what it was made up of, but it's a packet of white powder, very much resembling cocaine. Definitely not Salvia). At that point I really felt bad for giving in to my desires to experiment on drugs, but I told myself that it was not even illegal so there's nothing wrong with that. I snorted the white powder with my partner and another random DC. I was expecting a burning sensation inside my nasal cavity, but nothing really happened. After snorting them clean, i suddenly felt panicky. What if I have to undergo a drug test after this? I asked the salesgirl if the substance I took could be detected by urinalysis, and she said no. After several minutes I still did not feel anything from the substance, so I asked the salesgirl how long should I wait. She told me that I should be able to feel something by 7.50 pm (it was 7.30 pm) and the effects will last until 9.35 pm. I felt relieved; at least it's not as long-lasting as LSD. I then went back to my house accompanied by my partner.

There was a cool party happening downstairs, and my partner decided to join it. I did not follow him coz I felt the noises and visuals would be too much for my first drug experience, so I went upstairs and waited for the hallucinations to take place. As soon as I walked into my house, I was brought back to my old childhood home, with dad and his kittens waiting for me. Everything in the house resembled my old house, complete with the little wall clock I used to repair when I was little, Mom's very old but faithful fridge, the mattresses where I used to sleep on. I looked at my watch; it was 7.35 pm. Frickin hallucinations, I told myself. After playing with the kittens for a while, I woke up for good. And I felt like crying, coz I miss my old house and my dad and my kittens that much.

Tonight, I will have another lucid dream. And I will return to my childhood hometown. And, er, take some more drugs in the process. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment