Wednesday, April 13, 2011

fear and loathing in dreamland

Last night, just for the hell of it, I drank turmeric chai tea (sweetened chai + 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder), apple juice, listened to binaural beats, took a B6 + choline multivitamin and did MILD. And I also read Critic. I'm not that desperate to attain lucidity, I just felt like doing so because I have Physics test tonight. Not that they could help or anything, but oh well. I did listen to the Brain+ i-Doser dose though.

I must say turmeric tea has now officially become my drug of choice. Turns out I did get a lucid dream last night, albeit a short and disappointing one, i.e. with minimal control. I had a false awakening, and found myself in my unaltered room. I somehow managed to do reality check, and realized that I was dreaming after seeing my crooked hands. Freaky thing was, I was still lying on my bed in the dream with every single thing in my bedroom intact, no significant alteration whatsoever. I was afraid that the dream would disintegrate, so I uttered the stabilizer mantra several times as loud as I could. It did stabilize, assuming the quality of waking life. What really pissed me off was that I remained 'paralyzed' throughout the entire period of the lucid dream! I tried to get up, but my body remained rigid. At this point, I suspected that I had already woken up and what I was really experiencing at the moment was a sleep paralysis, so I went to do another reality check. Much to my horror, I could feel the sensation of lifting up my hands but nothing really appeared in front of my eyes! I clasped my hands together and rubbed them - the sensation was there, but I could not find my hands. The same thing happened when I tried to lift my feet. I told myself to overcome it - it was, after all, a lucid dream - and visualized myself being teleported to another dream scene. After several attempts, nothing happened. I saw my 'ARE YOU DREAMING?' sign in front of me, and noticed that the small text beneath the words were absent (but I could still read the 'ARE YOU DREAMING' part albeit a bit wobbly coz I'm myopic), indicating that it was indeed a lucid dream. It was frustrating - I was having my first lucid dream after a week and a half, yet I did not have control over it. Was just about to meet Dream Adrien again, sheesh. After spending a few more minutes limbless in the dream, it disintegrated and I soon found myself back into waking life. Did reality check, convinced that i was awake, and slept back. Attempted DEILD but I moved too much already makanya tak menjadi.

After Subuh, I tried doing WBTB. Did not become lucid, but I had the most WTF dream ever afterwards. I was in my room (altered this time), and my senior (the one from this dream) came in to visit me. I somehow assumed the role of a medical assistant or something, and the senior was my supervisor. He tried to comment on the conditions of my room, saying that as a medical staff he expected my room to have a higher degree of organisation. He didn't say that in a criticizing manner; he was very friendly and gentle. I gave him some excuses, and he seemed to be pleased. We went out together afterwards, riding a revolving teacup (lol!) with Dream Linda and Alia. We cruised along George Street, drank some tea and ate some snacks. Somehow, I found myself munching a large portion of KFC drumstick, which emerged out of nowhere. Halfway through devouring the chicken I realized that KFC in New Zealand serves non-halal chicken, so I spat them out and felt extremely guilty.

We later arrived in front of Cosmic Corner (man, Cosmic Corner again?? I really need to go there tomorrow). This time, I finally had enough audacity to get in. I saw numerous Goa trance/psybient CDs displayed along the walls, which made me really excited (the real Cosmic Corner do not sell CDs. Kalau ada pun bukan Goa weh). I heard faint chanting sounds which, I later recognized, came from Shpongle's Ineffable Mysteries track from the back room, so I went there to see if that was my lucky day and I get to meet Simon. No Simon, but there were a bunch of mafia-type people occupying the room. At one point they even started an orgy while snorting cocaine. I was thinking of asking for a tab of acid or two, but thought better of it and went away. This was when I realized that Dream Linda actually followed me into the shop. Mind you, in waking life that would be impossible.

As I make my way out of the shop, Dream Linda asked me to get her some weed. I thought "you kidding me??? Linda wants to smoke weed???", but seeing how serious she was (she even bought a mini bong for that purpose!), I went back to the shop and bought two stalks of weed, one for each of us. Yep, in my dream, weed assumed the form of celery. I did not want to smoke them at that exact moment since I was never a fan of marijuana, so I wear the stalk as a necklace. Dream Linda told me to keep it discreet and hide the weed necklace under my clothes. She later proceeded to munch her weed stalk like celery.

We were relaxing on a bench (very similar to the one in front of my childhood home) when a white van suddenly stopped in front of us. The driver threw something at me, which I later realized was a big sheet of LSD. I estimated that there were about 64 smaller tabs altogether. Five people came out of the van, and sat with us on the bench. They introduced themselves as the members of Malaysian legendary rock band Search. No seriously, they really did look like Search during their heydays. Amy Search invited us to take a tab of their special acid, but I told him that Linda was already under the influence of weed (wasn't that obvious, though). I was really tempted to take just a teeny little tab, but my conscience told me that I shouldn't do acid, it's forbidden in my religion. That was when Dream Linda took four tabs and put all of them into her mouth. I was like "WTF Linda you took weed already!" but it was too late - the psychedelic effect has already kicked in. She seemed shocked initially, then held her hands up in the air, her expressions depicting pure bliss beneath chaos. I tried to ease her trip by stroking her hair gently and telling her that there's nothing to be afraid of - the world is a very beautiful place. She seemed to relax a bit, and I let her lay down on my lap. So this is how people trip, I thought to myself. I woke up shortly after.

Still no LSD for me, it seems. Time for another round of turmeric tea tonight.
Counting down to Bicycle Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment