Sunday, April 24, 2011

people can fly (and meet their crush in their dreams)

In my previous post, I mentioned about my latest attempt to increase my chances to attain lucidity. I didn't really put too much hope on it, and treated it as another one of those placebo stuffs alongside binaural beats, turmeric chai and apple juice and peanut butter (talk about peanut butter, I have completely abandoned that poor guy). Been telling myself I will have a lucid dream every day without other kinds of lucid aids, just relying on pure super-conscious power. I even had my wallpaper changed to this.

Just in case.

Oh, and I also tried my hands on WBTB. I attempted WBTB before, but with minimal results. I mean, I slept after Subuh almost every day, and each time I do so I tried every single induction methods I could remember (WILD - check. MILD - almost every single effin time. Reading Castaneda before dozing off - quite a number of times) but I only successfully became lucid once. After trying this particular super-conscious method, however, I managed to attain lucidity every time I do WBTB. It's been 3 days, and I became lucid 3 days in a row already.

Today I woke up at 8 a.m. Did not have any other obligations, so I decided to go back to sleep. Before I went back to sleep, I read a chapter from my beloved Lucid Dreaming book (something about utilizing lucid dreams to confront your fear/nightmares) and told myself I will have a lucid dream. My first dream was about me meeting my aunt and cousins. They had a bag full of vintage stuffs with them, the kind of stuffs you could find at OUSA Market Day. I also met my bro, and my youngest bro seemed to be much more matured than I could remember. Went travelling with my cousins, and was transported back to my childhood hometown. There's a large wall made up of honeycomb-like rocks, and we decided to climb it to get to the other side. My cousin managed to do so but I didn't.

I was later brought to a new dream scene where I found myself in a Japanese train station. I chatted with the train operator, who seemed to be the most important person in the station. There was a train going to depart in a few minutes, and the train operator was in charge of opening a gate to allow the train to exit the station, but for some reason he did not feel like doing so and wanted to pass the job to his colleague. The train eventually departed and everyone cheered. After a few minutes, he realized that he did not have much time to run to the control room and open the gate, which caused everyone to panic. As he was dashing to the control room, the train stopped abruptly. He felt relieved, and asked his colleague to take over his job. His colleague said that opening the gate requires his signature, so he went to the control room feeling a bit grumpy. At this point I realized that I assumed the role of the train operator. While we were busy handling stuffs, a high speed train came towards us in full speed. I thought "this couldn't be real, I don't want to die right now", did RC and saw crooked fingers, became lucid. The train stopped before colliding with the station. I told everybody in the station that I was lucid, but they didn't seem to understand what I was talking about. After a while someone applauded me, followed by the rest of the crowd. There was a sudden crash outside, and I was told that a woman had thrown herself down on the train track when a high speed train was departing from the station. There was a sudden shock in my awareness, and I woke up.

Did not open my eyes at all, did not move even a bit, attempted DEILD. It took me a while to transit into dreamland, but when I finally did I found myself back into the same dream, and immediately became lucid. I told a DC I wanted to fly and make myself levitate because I haven't done that in my dream for quite some time, and he introduced me to Dom Cobb (yep, Dom of Inception). I jumped a few times to make myself levitate, but each time I did so I fell back to the ground slowly. I complained about this to Dom, and he gave me tips on how to fly in my lucid dream (I have forgotten the exact tips he gave me). I did manage to levitate higher and fly towards a tower at full speed although I only managed to fly with my back facing downwards. When I tried to turn my body in order to fly 'normally', I fell back to the ground.

I then tried to find someone interesting to have a make out session with (lol I'm not that perverted, but yeah I was lucid so why not). Grabbed a 40-something guy and tried to change his appearance into someone resembling Raphael, but my attempt was not successful. The DC, however, were interested in me so we went to a secluded place, away from other people (lol that sounds fishy). The dream scene kep threatening to disintegrate, so I screamed 'stabilize!' a few times. Surprisingly, my DC partner seemed tu understand why I did so. Our endeavor was cut short, unfortunately, by a guy who claimed that the whole place was his and no one were allowed to have any make out sessions whatsoever within his area. My DC partner thought that the guy was my boyfriend, and went away. The guy resembled Pierce Brosnan by the way.

I went away to avoid further trouble. Went past a place similar to the surau at Terminal 1. I immediately thought of finding Adrien, and searched for him among several DCs sitting along my path. I saw a guy who dressed exactly like him, complete with that skinny jeans and his brown shoulder bag, but his face didn't resemble my Adrien at all. There was a long-haired guy sitting by himself, listening to music while being oblivious to the surroundings, but he didn't have a fair complexion like my Adrien. 'Sides, he looked very Asian (Adrien somehow seemed to have Korean blood or something, but he didn't look strikingly Asian) and looked more like Flame (fellow Toroan) or Siong (guy in my Chem lab) rather than my Adrien. I decided to call out his name as an experiment. When I called out 'Adrien', that long-haired guy looked at my direction. I immediately realized that I did not call out Adrien's real name, so I corrected myself "er, sorry, I mean _____" This time, that long-haired guy responded to my call. Just to make sure, I asked him "are you _____?" and he said yes. I felt slightly disappointed because he didn't really look like my Adrien, save for that long brown hair, but I still felt happy to find him. I held his hand and kissed it, and noticed that his skin was indeed fair. We had a small chat and he told me that he lives in New Plymouth. I told him that I am a lucid dreamer and he was currently in my dream, hoping that somehow when he wake up he could remember his dream and find me later, but as soon as I did that I felt that sudden shock again, indicating that my dream would end soon. My dream disintegrated before I even had the chance to do anything to stabilize it. I reluctantly let go of his hand and woke up.

I discovered two things from today's dream. First, I have found my dream guide, and he assumed the form of Dom Cobb. Second, you don't really need a shitload of lucid aids to attain lucidity, just tell yourself you can have lucid dreams every night, and go to sleep. Let your super-conscious do the rest. I wish I could do the same thing when it comes to studying, tsk.

Repeat after me: I will become lucid tonight, I am a lucid dreamer.
Happy lucid dreaming!

p/s: I have reached my latest goal: have 10 lucid dreams in a month! Time to make a new goal :D

No comments:

Post a Comment