Monday, April 11, 2011

should've become lucid but i didn't

I didn't have any lucid dreams last week, which was frustrating. I shall blame the horrifying CELS test for that. Last night I somehow remembered to drink a full glass of apple juice before going to bed (I've abandoned my apple juice for one week. Poor guy), browsed through the DreamViews forum and read Critic (the uni's awesome student magazine) on the topics of drugs. So naturally, my dreams last night were highly freaky - which is good, because I love my dreams to be as freaky as possible. Too bad I didn't become lucid last night. Sigh.

First dream was about me attending a rather psychedelic flea market-like event, with people selling tapestries, records, accessories and stuffs. I remember there was a brief mention of Shpongle in this dream, with a fragment of a Shpongle track played in the background, but I didn't remember much.

Next dream, I had a nasty mother-in-law (I didn't get to discover to whom I was married, though :P). I was treated badly and mentally bullied by her, so I began planning an escape route. One of my plans involved the usage of psychological methods (which I devised in real life, should I really end up getting a nasty mother-in-law someday), but apparently that particular mother-in-law was too clever to be tricked, so my plan didn't work. I was even accused of being mentally unsound by her and her entourage of noisy makciks. I challenged her to conduct tests on me and send me to a mental hospital to determine whether or not I wasn really insane. Before I was sent away, I managed to utter 'Plan B didn't work' to one of the DCs nearby, which confirmed her suspicions that I was plotting against her. I wanted to fight back, but my alarm went off exactly at this moment.

Third dream was another dentistry-related dream. Maybe it was triggered by the nitrous oxide article I read on Critic last night. I went to a very weird dental hospital for my regular checkup. Before my treatment, I was required to change into a hospital gown, so the nurse showed me the way to the changing room. Turns out there were several other people in the changing room, most of them my seniors here, who were extremely delighted to see me there and invited me for a small party at their house. There were about 15 of them in the changing room, buth male and female. I did not remember anything afterwards.

My fourth dream was the most epic. I somehow found myself wandering aimlessly along a heavily altered version of George Street. There were several shops selling psychedelic attires and paraphernalia along the street, but my main focus was on the dream version of Cosmic Corner at the end of the street. I guess I was really determined to look for LSD, effectively ignoring the awesome psychedelic stuffs I saw on my way to Cosmic Corner. Unfortunately, when I reached there I couldn't bring myself to enter the shop, probably because I was too worried that doing so might tarnish my good girl image forever (exactly what I was feeling every time I pass the shop in real life. That's why I've never been to Cosmic Corner up until now, even though they do sell some cool psy t-shirts alongside the usual Salvia and legal weed). As I walk further I noticed that the shops were arranged in alphabetical order. I didn't perceive this as something weird; I simply thought it's one of the many attractions of George Street. I even walked past ten or so shops with the word 'dream' or 'dreaming' in their names. I believe one of them even had the sign 'Are you dreaming?', but God knows why I DIDNT BECOME LUCID!

Once again, after walking past Cosmic Corner for the second time, I still didn't have the nerve to get in, so I decided to get into one of the many psychedelic shops there to see if they also have LSD in stock. No acid, but they do have some lovely multicoloured baju kurung with matching shawls. I was just about to buy one of those baju kurung when I saw a long-haired androgynous guy walking past the shop. It took me a while before I realized that it was Adrien. Adrien FTW WTF! Why was he here? He should be in class. 'Sides, it's not like I'm interested in him anymore (turns out he's one of those pretty boys who enjoy the constant attention from girls - so not my type). I followed him anyway, because I thought maybe I could make him go to Cosmic Corner with me. Lol, I was that determined to get myself a tab of acid. He stopped by a small restaurant selling Malay kampung cuisine (you kidding me???) and had his lunch there. Being the accomplished stalker that I am, I also decided to have my lunch there - and possibly get to know his name or something. The shopkeeper makcik gave me a plate of rice with asam pedas fish, gulai lemak pisang, ayam masak lemak cili api, sambal belacan, various ulams and other delectable Malay dishes (gosh tau la tengah puasa, mimpi makan tak boleh blah doh). I managed to get a seat beside him, and even braved myself to talk to him. I told him that we were in the same lecture for Physics, CELS and HUBS, but he told me that it wasn't possible because he was in the morning stream, which made me appear as if I purposely changed streams to be with him (I did, in real life. But anyways). I guess Dream Adrien has the capability to read my mind; I was just about to ask for his real name when he told me that his name was K_____ (I didn't remember, but the name was very weird and ethnic-sounding. I even thought it was Bosnian). At this point he somehow morphed into a fat boy. Gone was my gorgeous, lanky, skinny jeans-wearing Adrien. Frustrated, I finished up my food and went to wash the dishes. That was when I realized that I wasn't talking to Adrien from the start; that was his brother, and the real Adrien was actually watching me from a corner. I woke up shortly after.

Damn Adrien. I'm trying to get you out of my mind, and that's when you decided to appear in my dream.

Also, damn dreamsigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment